1) Is this space for the Aboriginal community only?
A) The Learning Stone space is for everyone – the core purpose of the area is to create a safe place for exploration and respect of self and others through education
2) We don’t have any Aboriginal children in our school?
A) Learning Stones creates a forum to discuss Aboriginal history, lore and traditions in both past and present as well as contemporary lifestyle and aspirations. This is part of all our history and future and I envision a curriculum available for all students in all schools.
3) I don’t know where to start?
A) Start by contacting your local Aboriginal Education Officer they will have contact with your local Aboriginal community / organizations / traditional owners groups.
– consultation with the local community is the place to start.
4) I want to do it properly, the right way, but where do I begin?
A) Contact you local Aboriginal Education Officer for your state through the links below:
- Vic Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- NSW Department of Education and Communitiies – Aboriginal education & training
- Queensland Indigenous Education and Training Futures
- NT Department of Education and Children’s Services
- WA Department of Education Aboriginal Education
- SA Department of Education and Child Development
- The Department of Education Tasmania
- ACT Education and Training